Coat Hooks

This is a selection of the Laser engraved Coat and Key hooks which I was working on at the beginning of the year. 

I have been using recycled pallet wood. The hard woods engrave well, and then using a simple line and painting the house design on the softwoods.

Oak laser engraved houses


Beech

Soft wood possibly Larch

January 2017


Since the beginning of the year I have made several new hooks for sale. Painted like the houses around Bristol or engraved into hard wood to bring out the details.


This piece was a commission 1.25m long with Chrome hooks and a shelf above the Houses and hooks

   

Nov/ Dec 2016
Things have moved along and I have now made a new set of Coat and Key hooks using my Bristol Houses Designs. Plus using reclaimed Pallet wood which I have sourced and then sanded before laser graving the designs upon it.

The full street! In parts of Bristol the houses are painted in a variety of colours,
 this is my interpretation of their look.

Houses laser engraved on to a piece of recycled Beech Pallet.
The engraving works best on the hard wood.
This wood has quiet thin depth so I thought only suitable for hanging small items, hence my intention was this is for keys.

More hooks for keys this on a piece of Oak Pallet wood


My day job takes at Danbury Motor Caravans means being out of the hours for 11 hours day. It leaves very little time for my own creative work.

Here is the background development for my next idea.....


Laser cut oak Pallet wood
The typical Bristol houses, from my Christmas display at Harts Bakery.