Danbury Motor Carvans

I worked at Danbury Motors for 11 months making the wooden interiors for the T2 VW Camper Van. The shell of the van were made in Brazil and imported by the company owners.



 Here are a selection of new vans, and those being serviced. I estimate that I have made 70  interiors for the T2. New vans have a starting price from £33,849 upwards.

There are two designs available in a range of colours and finishes to the customers desires.

This week I have been working on 3 units. I general make 2 units a week, including other pieces wardrobe, double seat & 'B' unit depending on the customers order.
Orange Gloss 4 seater van interior
Walnut 4 seater interior
Part built 5 seater interior
These are the panels that I begin with.
This is part built - the fridge, stove & water bottle in place.

I build the units fit the gas, water pumps, fridge and associated electrics.
Three of the smaller units for a 5 seater T2 Camper Van.
I needed to fit the tinware on these units to protect the surfaces near to to Stove.
White, green and orange, fridge, sink and stove in each unit.
Part built 4 seater unit, in White
Larger unit for 5 Seater T2 Camper Van in Oak. This was made for an unsold van.
A new customer want this unit but with a oven.
I had to take part of the unit apart and re-build it
The middle cupboard, shelf and stove removed
This is a set of doors I made for old stock front panel. Taking the measurements from another set of doors, I cut each. Measured and cut the location for the door catch. The edges I routed and attached the T edges.
The middle panel was the only door already made.