Costumes/Textiles

These are various clothes, costumes, textiles I have made over the last few years.


Experimenting cutting textiles with a laser cutter. These are maybe 15cm high

Laser cut pattern
Linen mix fabric
 
Front
Back, sewn together

 




Summer dress for my niece, May 2013
Cotton dress with decorative bias trimmings
Mermaid costume, Dec 2011
The tail is made from a charity shop dress turned
upside down & elastic run through the hem.
My feet fitted through the neck hole, the sleeves
were sewn up & the tail shape tailored to fit.
The flippers I made from shiny irridencent
 fabric & wadding.The made the basic flipper shape &
then stitched the ridges in the fin.  
Burlesque circus costume, 2010
this jacket was from Asda, I hand sewed gold ribbons to the front panel and cuffs with cushion piping around the edge of the front panel




Viking Slippers. Knitted and felted slippers of all sizes, 2007

Baby Viking slippers, 2007