Fitting a Stripped Pine Door and repairing a Piano Stool

 The stripped pine door in my clients new house was damaged badly as they moved into their home. Consequently we went out and found a door to replace it. This was the most suitable door but one side was scorched, probably with a hot air blower. I set about sanding back the charred spots.
  


I worked into the corners with my detail sander and belt sander on the larger areas.
 The scorch marks did have the look of a Dalmatian about them.
 
I removed an old catch
Filled the hole with a small block of wood
 & then covered it with a thin section
I took the door handle and plate from the old door &
 then fitted to it replacement. The doors in this house all match
 with the same fittings

Door hung, I fitted the door a few weeks ago, but intended to return to finish it.
It's not obvious that the surface was so burnt, the door will often be left open, much this side will be faced up against the wall. Apart from being a good size and having similar mouldings to the original we knew this side would not be seen much, (the door was cheap because of the scorch marks) It worked out well.
.
The good side of the door, open as it will often be.

The Piano Stool

When my clients moved into their new house the removal men took the living room door off it's hinges to move things in more easily. However the door was not propped up very well and it fell on to a piano stool knocking out the top of one panel and a handle on the stool was been broken in two.

The broken handle, I gave this to Nick Hammond and asked him to turn me another in beech
http://nickhammond.co.uk/

The beautifully turned new handle, which I fitted back in place.
http://nickhammond.co.uk/

Complete with it's new handle