Shaun The Sheep The Movie

At the beginning of 2014 I worked on Shaun the Movie  in Model Making on some background characters


Two clients at the hairdressers (photos of one only)

Lady with foils 


I recycled the armature from an old puppet, built up her body core in plastizote and snip foam.
Made leggings and a dress in a stretch fabric. 
Her hair is attached to a scull cap, of aluminium mesh, which fitted to the head core and locked into position. The hair is made from fake fur. Using Stiffy I needed to make the hair look as though it were being highlighted, the foils are tin foil.

 The black cape is wired along the edges to make it full animatable and to provide some stiffness so that I would not boil under camera.

Her face and removable mouth are made of Plasticine, her hands cast in pigmented silicone.

I also made another lady at the hairdresser with red curls 



Final version of a love bird. This bird need to be able to fly so my armature had various rig points to accommodate the camera angles.

My first attempt though good, had to be re-sculpted as there was a blue screen in the shot for the sky background!