Sculpting

Night of the Trampires

Chuck Steel
With a very large cast of puppets for the film I was one of two main sculptors between April and December Sculpting and Cleaning up on the main Character of this Animated Feature Film.

Chuck Steel
(from Instagram) This is Chuck the main character, I also made the intial sculpt of the large head in the background

There are around 350 Characters with Plasticine heads. By the end of the film about 50 Chuck heads in total.

I will have photographs once the film is released.
Chuck Steel the Movie on Instagram

Two Short haired German Pointers

I sculpted these two for cake toppers for friends wedding. Using a basic Aluminium wire armature bulked out in tin foil and modelled in Sculpy.
My basic wire and foil armatures


The two dogs after baking before painting
My live models!

 Shaun the sheep background Characters

Small bird Sculpts for background characters for Shaun the Sheep the Movie.




Neil Derbyshire Character Sculpt

 I was asked to make the Director Sam Tipper to maker a Character for his series idea.

Working from his design I designed and made an armature for a Plasticine character




Almost finished

Basic Sculpt

Core parts in plastizote and Plasticine legs


BWRP Character Sculpts

Bristol Wood Recycling Project 
Whilst volunteering at BWRP they asked me if I would make up a series of Sculpts of the members of staff instead of having photographs of themselves for their website.
 Each took 3-4 hours.







Children's Workshops

I have run a series of sculpting workshops for kids. I would prepare characters like theses to give the children ideas. These were for a monsters workshop.





Animated Christmas greeting for Clients-Big Red Button

I was asked to Sculpt a small baby Father Christmas that would be animated hatching out of an egg



Baby father Christmas hatching


Robbie the Reindeer II Background Character

I sculpted this character for a crowd scene, whist working as Assistant Animator preparing Photographs for publicity stills.






2003 
PG Tips advert background character



Rex the Runt


I sculpted the policeman on the right, whist Runner on
 Rex the Runt the original was sculpted
 by one of the Model Making team.


As the characters looked after being animated (I didn't paint them)


College Work

Bee & Ladybird characters for early college film














Character design

One of my college character.
The armature was made from brazed ball and socket
 armatures using bicycle chain links. 


Final film characters and designs







1986 Joshiah Wedgwood and Sons

Manchester City Coat of Arms.
The most complicated piece I sculpted whilst on my YTS aged 17. (1986)
I made it up in sections sculpting each in clay then moulding in plaster, working in reverse.
Eventually assembling the whole piece. with the final cast in Plaster.