Night of the Trampires

Night of the Trampires BBC Wales

A little more detail on the Feature Film I work upon.



June-August 2017
April-December 2016

Night of the Trampires

Chuck Steel the Movie on Instagram


Stop Motion Animated Feature Film
I was a member of the Art Department team making Props, Models some set building work.

Around Easter 2016 to December, I moved over to the Puppet Department. Sculpting and cleaning up the main Characters, made in 'Plasticine' - Newplast Modelling Clay. 

I was responsible for maintaining the Sculpt Chuck Steel, the main Character, for all the Animators. As well as other main and background Characters.

In this film the animators 'sculpt through' meaning they start the shot with one head and sculpt every frame to change the puppets expression and the mouth for lips sync of the dialogue. The film is being shot on ones, that is every frame is animated. It takes time. Once the shot is over they would prep the puppets for the next shot sometimes coming back to the Puppet Department for a new clean Sculpted puppet head.


At the moment I am unable to put any images up until the film is release. 

Here are images from Instagram 
Chuck Steel Head Sculpt
Here's Chuck. The Lead Character who I repeatedly sculpted and cleaned up all for the Animators until Christmas 2016. (I also made the basic sculpt of the large head in the background of this shot).

Typical Background Characters
This one of my colleagues is at work, animating a selection of background characters. These are typical of the Background Characters that I would clean up between shots.

Making Leather Upholstered seating for interior set
This is me at work building seating to go on set, whilst working in the Art Department.
MDF base, wadding and leather upholstery. Finished to look like stitched fluted forms.
I then fitted this into the set, Stained and  painted, the wood surrounds, distressed the woodwork to looked used. Fitted the light fittings between each bay of seating. 

Back Alley Way set
One happy chappy. This is the type of back street that I built parts of. This finished version which has been assembled, to make the complete set, then painted and set dress.


June 2015
I have been working in making Props for the Stop Motion Animated Film 
'Night of the Trampires' in Bridgend, South Wales. 

Last week we had a visit from the First Minister of the Welsh Assembly
Carwyn Jones visit to Trampires